    As for high speed capture, I'd use a camera dedicated to that, like an
    industrial CCD and not a point and shoot with an ugly, ultra low rez
    mode tacked on to its other useless features.

    Rich, Jul 3, 2010

  2. RichA

    SMS Guest

    On 02/07/10 7:49 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

    Casio has something like that, maybe others do too. Essentially it's
    capturing frames even before you fully depress the button. You get a
    bunch of frames before and after you press the button and can select
    which ones you want to keep. Of course it's got some serious flaws, but
    it's designed to try to work around the slow CDAF of a P&S.

    SMS, Jul 3, 2010

  3. RichA

    Guest Guest

    unless the dslr isn't in a bag and the compact is in a pocket. if
    someone is on a shoot, they'd likely have the dslr out and ready.

    are you that threatened that you must resort to contrived scenarios?

    Guest, Jul 3, 2010
  4. []
    Better add the extra time pushing those P&S zoom-in and zoom-out buttons
    alternately to get the framing approximately right as well....

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 3, 2010
  5. RichA

    LOL! Guest

    Here's an uncontrived scenario 90% of the time: Change lenses in time.

    OOOPS! Too late! The subject skedaddled!

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 3, 2010
  6. RichA

    Guest Guest

    you just need proper training in how to remove a camera from its bag.

    that you lack the skills in bag removal does not mean that camera bags
    are flawed.

    especially the ones with the buckles that have tiny buttons.

    :)

    Guest, Jul 3, 2010
  7. LOL! Good job my camera stays out of the bag when I'm using it, and is
    too big to fit into a pocket! <G>

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 3, 2010
  8. ^^^^^^
    For a P&S, not for a DSLR.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    It seems you learned little about lag times and removed all doubt
    that you are ignorant what the difference between AF lag and
    shutter lag is. Now, let's see if B. Franklin also describes you.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jul 3, 2010
  9. RichA

    SMS Guest

    On 03/07/10 2:44 AM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    Isn't it the ultimate irony that all of his little tag lines actually
    apply so clearly to himself.

    SMS, Jul 3, 2010
  10. []
    Your continued personal attacks deter me from a fuller reply.

    David J Taylor, Jul 3, 2010
  11. The issue is FOCUS. This can't be solved with contrast focus
    on the main sensor nor phase focus on TTL sensors.

    To do it right requires phase focus using a separate, non-TTL,
    dual-window, dual aux sensor method. In other words, auto-
    rangefinder.

    Doug

    Doug McDonald, Jul 3, 2010
  12. []
    ... and just how does an objective measurement of zoom times using two
    different techniques:

    - involve anyone blaming their equipment?
    - justify a personal attack, once again?

    Are you like this with the Sailing & Racing community as well?

    http://sail.navas.us/#Author

    David J Taylor, Jul 3, 2010
  13. RichA

    Pete Guest

    John, I find your posts disrespectful. My limitations make it
    abundantly clear which systems are better than others. I'm glad that
    you do not have my limitations and I hope you never do. A broader
    outlook than "I'm always right" would serve you well - strive for
    excellence in this area.

    Pete, Jul 3, 2010
  14. See Pete's reply.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 3, 2010
  15. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I certainly do realize that, which is how I know that Navas is a liar
    when he tries to ignore other factors.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 3, 2010
  16. RichA

    Pete Guest

    In that case, it should be clear to you by now that I misinterpret
    nearly everything you post. My world is very simple: if something looks
    like shit and smells like shit then I have to draw the obvious
    conclusion because I do not have the energy to waste on pondering over
    nicer alternatives.
    Of course. Although excellent ergonomic design is getting increasingly
    rare, it isn't yet dead. There is a reason why some manufacturers spend
    money on it and others do not.
    I thought you had implied it was David's and my lack of ability that
    causes us to have a different opinion from yours. Have our replies not
    made this clear?
    A very good reason for objecting.

    Objecting just because there is a good reason is pointless unless the
    possibility of further discussion is left open, which is something you
    are not very good at. I'm not trying to be superior, it is one of many
    things that I need to learn.
    My mileage does vary because my choice of products is limited to those
    which have excellent ergonomic design i.e. they are measurably better
    products in the hands of a wide cross-section of users. Generally (and
    unfortunately) these products are more expensive and frequently more
    bulky.

    You and many others are capable of getting adequate performance from
    less well engineered products, which is to the financial advantage of
    yourself and the manufacturers that choose to invest more of their
    budget into market research than human factors. Luckily for all of us,
    there is still room for both types of consumer-grade products.

    Pete, Jul 3, 2010
  17. Ray's concept of a "liar" often includes simply those who don't agree
    with him.

    He also acts as though telling the pests to f.o.a.d. is constructive.

    Honi soit qui mal y pense, and all that.

    John McWilliams, Jul 4, 2010
  18. RichA

    Guest Guest

    works both ways. why don't you set an example.

    Guest, Jul 4, 2010
  19. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    This isn't, dumbass.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 4, 2010
  20. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Mind reading now? You're as full of shit with that as you are with
    almost everything else.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 4, 2010