  1. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    chibitul Guest

    "Preddycated" as in George Preddy???

    chibitul, May 16, 2004

  2. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    NightStar Guest

    What kind of vacuum are we talking about? Dyson?

    I think the vacuum method would be best - I know not of many bucks
    willing to let leave of their balls.

    Oh - And as far as cloning is concerned... I'd give that one a miss.
    Take Jurassic Park as a fine example: They cloned the first film to
    give us the second, and look what a *cough* fine job they did too! A
    clone will always give you an unstable result! (Look at Labour -
    That's been cloned lord-knows how many times before!)

    Tony.

    NightStar, May 16, 2004

  3. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    ;) you noticed.

    ~ Darrell ~, May 17, 2004
  4. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It really won't matter, since the last ones died several tens of
    millions of years ago. It is unlikely you will need a camera as there
    will be nothing to take a picture of....

    Ron Hunter, May 17, 2004
  5. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Ron Andrews Guest

    On the true scientific side, a bucky ball (a molecule shaped like a
    geodesic dome contructed of carbon atoms) should have a fairly large true
    vacuum in its interior. This is what scientists theorize is needed to create
    a stable worm hole. On the other hand, this is all science fiction so we can
    make stuff up. Crichton covered time travel in "Timeline" as well as
    cloning. He's probably better at making stuff up. Clark was bound too much
    by trying to observe most of the laws of physics.

    Ron Andrews, May 17, 2004
  6. All this talk of time machines is unnecessary. Just pop down to Westminster
    and sit quitely outside the House of Commons and you should get to see
    several.

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, May 17, 2004
  7. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Whoops! Yes it is, and I did NOT notice the minus sign. Mea Culpa!

    OT, there was a trade publication many years ago, maybe thirty or so,
    that in an April issue had a half page news release about a new
    switching semiconductor, so fast it had a switching time of a negative
    two nanoseconds- it switched before the signal reached it. It was done
    up as a normal news item, but was really funny.

    Don Stauffer, May 17, 2004
  8. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Bill Funk Guest

    Are you a cryptozoologist?
    For those who don't know, they claim that many animals (including
    dinosaurs) actually exist today, and this accounts for the many
    stories such as Bigfoot & Nessie.
    One of the main drawbacks to cryptozoology is that, so far, there's
    been no credible evidence of the existance of these animals. Those who
    claim to have actually seen them, never manage to get any photos, or
    scat, or any other credible physical evidence.

    I've always wondered why people would go on safari (supposedly to
    Africa, where, because of the relative lack of exploration, such
    animals are favored to live) would evidently not carry cameras
    wherever they go. Especially, it would seem, when they are out in the
    wilds, specifically where such animals would be.

    In such light, the question *may* be a serious one.
    But probably not. :-/

    Bill Funk, May 17, 2004
  9. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Mikey S. Guest

    I carry a camera wherever I go, no matter what..doesn't everyone?

    Mikey S., May 17, 2004
  10. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Andrew Guest

    Yup, thank Sony for the DSC-U20 :)

    Andrew, May 17, 2004
  11. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Bill Funk Guest

    Obviously not. :)

    Bill Funk, May 18, 2004
  12. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Daz_n_Pat Guest

    Since all photographs of these supposed bigfoots (bigfeet?) and lochness
    monsters and u.f.o's and other myths always turn out blurry and virtually
    impossible to make out any detail, perhaps you need a camera that will live
    up to this expectation.
    Maybe you need to talk to mr. Preddy about borrowing his mythological Sigma
    SD9.

    Daz_n_Pat, May 19, 2004
  13. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    NightStar Guest

    Attendant: Excuse me sir. Anything to declare before entering this
    nudist camp?

    Me: Absolutely not.

    Attendant: What is this, sir?

    Me: Oh - THAT? Nothing... Just a DSLR with a 300mm lens on it.

    Attendant. Okay. That's fine - You can go in now.

    *cough*

    NightStar, May 19, 2004
  14. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Sheila Guest

    Sheila, May 27, 2004
  15. But surely you won't find them in a Digital newsgroup? More a 35mm or
    even Plate newsgroup?

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 28, 2004
  16. Why not post your own? Because Bayer sensors are too blurry to post full size.

    Georgette Preddy, May 30, 2004
  17. << Snipped bits out >>

    The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
    other pseudonyms) has an ungrounded but zealous faith that current
    implementation of the Foveon chip is superior to all other chip
    technologies. He will cite portions of reviews to ostensibly support his
    claims, and will repeat, ad naseum, complete lines of out-of-context
    material, as well as manufacturing some pure bull manure.

    Moreover, "Mr." "Preddy" has claimed to be a photographer (pro!), but
    cannot bring himself to post a single picture with EXIF info that he
    shot himself, in spite of repeated requests and challenges to do so.

    Apparently he loathes anything related to Canon and loves everything
    about Sigma cameras and lenses. His "claims" may be ignored, and he is
    doing Sigma, and anyone related to the Foveon chip, no good at all by
    arousing ire, increasing the N/S ratio, and generally spamming this
    newsgroup.

    John McWilliams, May 31, 2004
  18. then you have to catch it

    __________________
    Regards

    David M Wicker
    www.atf-uk.co.uk
    __________________

    david m wicker, Jun 3, 2004
  19. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Pete Guest

    My kids told me to photograph myself in a mirror :))

    Pete, Jun 4, 2004
  20. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    HRosita Guest

    You need to go to Jurassic Park