How to take photos of dinosaurs ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tom-Alex Soorhull, May 16, 2004.

  1. What's the best camera to take photos of dinos? I will go on Safari in
    2 weeks and need something to take good dinosaur photos.

    Tom-Alex Soorhull, May 16, 2004

  2. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Andrew Guest

    Look for something with a shutter delay of -a few million years ;-)

    Andrew, May 16, 2004

  3. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    m II Guest

    Pentaxsauras

    mike

    m II, May 16, 2004
  4. Find one with a wormhole feature.

    sooky grumper, May 16, 2004
  5. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Ken Oaf Guest

    Just about any camera will take a good piccy of a Sigmasaurus. <g d r>

    Ken Oaf, May 16, 2004
  6. We need more information. Are these jungle dinos...plains...water. Nature
    photography presents special problems depending on the nature of the
    nature...naturally.

    Gene Palmiter, May 16, 2004
  7. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    NightStar Guest

    I'd choose one with a metal body - You don't want to damage it now,
    would you? Then again - If you are shooting Raptors, then I'd go with
    Plastic... You're going to need all the speed you can get!

    T.

    NightStar, May 16, 2004
  8. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Mark B. Guest

    You need one of those cams with a little bird inside that carves the image
    onto rock. Unfortunately they're not in production any more. Check ebay.

    Mark B., May 16, 2004
  9. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    SteveJ Guest

    Jump into a time machine, go back 150 million years, snap the picture and
    return.

    SteveJ, May 16, 2004
  10. With a Sigma SD9, of course...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/23357978/original

    George Preddy, May 16, 2004
  11. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Rick Guest

    Lack of a sense of humor is a sign of mental illness.

    Rick, May 16, 2004
  12. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: (Tom-Alex Soorhull)
    Leica.

    Nothing says dinosaur like a Leica.

    Annika1980, May 16, 2004
  13. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    What about the Sigmanodon, a large lumbering creature with the tiniest brain
    of any dinosaur. It's unique atributes was a large single eye, but some
    scientist believe it had three lenses which gave it better vision. It's was
    a slow moving beast which made it easy prey to the Canonsaurus Rex. It was
    often preyed on by the nimble Nikonodon. The Sigmanodon had a loud bellowing
    call that announced it's presence where ever it went. Theory was this was to
    scare off challengers, however the only preddycated it's own extintion..

    ~ Darrell ~, May 16, 2004
  14. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    George is your PBase ID Imageprocessing? If not, then don't refer to his
    shots. Show us your images instead...

    ~ Darrell ~, May 16, 2004
  15. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    But the Leicacania was at least reknown for the best vision. ;)

    ~ Darrell ~, May 16, 2004
  16. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Don Stauffer Guest

    No, no, you need an ANTICIPATORY shutter. It fires even before you
    decide to take the picture (by about 65-100 myr.) :)

    Don Stauffer, May 16, 2004
  17. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, May 16, 2004
  18. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    Ron Andrews Guest

    First go the library and check out a copy of Arthur C. Clark's "The
    light of Other Days". After reading the book, decide which type of stable
    worm hole you want to develop. I think one type was based on bucky balls
    while the other was based on compressed vacuum technology. (It has been a
    while since I read this book.) Anyway, one you pick the technology, then all
    you have to do is find a billionaire to finance the development. While they
    are at it, ask them to invent a WHTD (worm hole to digital) converter.
    If you don't like this approach, check out Michael Crichton's Jurassic
    Park series. Cloning is probably closer to fruition.

    Ron Andrews, May 16, 2004
  19. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    m II Guest

    <g>

    mike

    m II, May 16, 2004
  20. Tom-Alex Soorhull

    chibitul Guest

    Didn't you notice the MINUS SIGN ("-") in his post? he said Shutter
    "delay" of MINUS a few million years:)

    Now in my book a negative delay is the same as ANTICIPATORY, isn't it???

    chibitul, May 16, 2004