    How can I extract the few minutes, save that to file,
    and discard the rest?

    Thanks a lot!

    photoguy_222, Jan 21, 2007

  2. Something like Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 or VideoStudio 10 might
    do it, as would many other common video editing apps.

    Paul D. Sullivan, Jan 21, 2007

  3. photoguy_222

    Ken Maltby Guest

    The most obvious answer is www.VideoReDo.com

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Jan 21, 2007
  4. I agree with Ken that VideoReDo is a good product, no doubt about that.

    But they provide absolutely NO customer service at all. I doubt they even
    have a customer service department.

    A better alternative would be Womble's MPEG-VCR:
    http://www.womble.com/products/vcr.html

    It is very effective, just as fast and accurate ... and they offer very good
    and responsive customer service. I highly recommend it.

    VideoReDo Sucks, Jan 22, 2007
  5. photoguy_222

    Notan Guest

    One has to take a recommendation, such as yours, with a grain of salt,
    as your e-mail address suggests that you're anything but unbiased.

    Notan, Jan 22, 2007
  6. photoguy_222

    Ray S Guest

    The Womble product is in fact a good product. Both it and Video re-do
    are appropriate for the task comptemplated. Can't speak to the support
    issue, but I would not really expect it to be necessary to have much or
    any contact with support on a product like this.

    Ray S, Jan 22, 2007
  7. photoguy_222

    Ken Maltby Guest

    What is somewhat odd about this, is that one of the things
    about VideoReDo that early users were impressed with was
    their user response. Their forum was one that really worked,
    and Dan even followed up forum posts with e-mails on
    occasion. Perhaps our Mr. "VideoReDo Sucks" had some
    problem with the commercial side of "Customer Service",
    the "technical support" side has been much better than most
    I've come across.

    Another thing is; VideoReDo is a relatively straight forward
    limited function, dedicated to cut & paste editing ( and some
    added tools to support that function) program. It is not a
    complex or hard to use editor. Basically if you need to make
    some adjustment, change from the defaults, you should know
    what is making the change necessary, and then VRD makes
    such changes easy and straight forward. I guess my point is
    that you don't need a lot of tech support, if your program
    works, in a fashion the user's expect. Of course, there is
    always someone who can't live with a program that doesn't
    work in the manner they think it should.

    Womble's products are pretty good, but VRD also does
    a good job in terms of improving the lip-sync and technical
    conformity of MPEG files. Womble had an advantage
    in how it handled audio, but the recent versions of VRD
    have addressed that for the most part.

    Having both is the way to go if you can afford it. For the
    purpose of this thread, VideoReDo would be my choice,
    without hesitation.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Jan 22, 2007
  8. photoguy_222

    dgates Guest

    That's exactly what I was going to point out. Every single time I've
    had a VideoReDo question, I've either found that it was already
    answered on the forum or someone answered it within a day -- usually
    within 8 hours.

    None of this is any knock on any Womble product. For all I know,
    they're even better than VRD. But I know which one I'm happy using,
    and which one has given me perfectly acceptable support.

    dgates, Jan 23, 2007
  9. photoguy_222

    Cynicor Guest

    I used Womble quite a bit, and I really liked it.

    Cynicor, Jan 23, 2007
  10. Biased? How so? What about my post seemed biased. Did I not state that VRD
    is a good product? I simply stated that I had a problem with customer
    service, more to the point the lack of customer service. So much so that I
    registered the internet domain videoredosucks.com I've not put a web page up
    at that site yet and I may never do so, but at least I have the email
    address.

    I still am a licensed user of VRD and I use it regularly. I am a licensed
    user of the Womble product also and I use it on a regular basis as well.

    VideoReDo Sucks, Jan 24, 2007
  11. photoguy_222

    Frank Emens Guest

    Will the Womble product handle making a "long play" DVD like you would
    need to take a football game or a movie with probably 2 plus hours of
    video and putting it on a standard (4.7 GB) DVD?

    Frank Emens, Jan 24, 2007