    Ideas?

    Thanks
    --max

    max, Aug 13, 2005

  2. max

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Aperture priority mode, High f-stop. Put camera in macro mode, set zoom
    for the sweet spot of macro so the flower icon turns yellow. Hold your hand
    to the side of the monitor and focus on it first.

    Ed Ruf, Aug 13, 2005

  3. wrote:
    : I trying to take a picture of my Dell Axim X3 to use on EBay. There
    : is a small scratch on the screen, approximately .75 inches long and
    : the width of a paper clip. The screen is reflective and I think my
    : 4300 is focusing somewhere else as what I have been able to get of the
    : scatch is very blurry.

    : How can I take a picture of the device showing the scratch? Any
    : Ideas?

    First, use a macro lens.

    Second, do not use auto focus. Set the macro to max and then move the
    camera back and forth until the scratch is in focus.

    Third, place something recognizable next to the scratch to give scale. A
    macro of a small subject, without scale will tend to give the impression
    of HUGE size. But if you tape a dime or a ruler next to the scratch and
    include this item in the photo it will provide a reference for size.

    Good Luck

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Aug 14, 2005
  4. max

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Use oblique lighting.

    Neil Ellwood, Aug 14, 2005
  5. max

    [BnH] Guest

    If all fail .. just tell the buyer THERE is a scratch :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Aug 14, 2005