How to suppress organisation in header ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Peter, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi,

    If I post a message in a newsgroup, then after opening the
    posting in the header pops up "Organisation" next to default
    headers "From", "Date" etc.

    Is it possible to configure Outlook Express, so that the
    name of my organisation is suppressed.

    The strange thing is that under Tools|Account|
    ews|Properties the name of my organisation has been left
    out. (so, blank, nada).

    Some help would be nice.

    Thanks,
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Peter

    Old Gringo Guest

    Tools/account/select account/properties/remove org. info.
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Peter

    Old Gringo Guest

    PS: You man need to remove it in the main account also.

    Old Gringo, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Peter

    Old Gringo Guest

    spelling man = may

    Old Gringo, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Thanks,
    Peter

    message

    Peter, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi,
    I just removed ny company name also from the Mail , but as
    you will see, still the Organisation in the header of the
    posting.

    Strange .....

    Some help would be nice.
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 6, 2005
  7. Peter

    Old Gringo Guest

    I see that and am clueless. Sorry, someone will be along shortly
    with more knowledge than I that will help you.

    Old Gringo, Jan 6, 2005
  8. Peter

    why? Guest

    Have you tried , rather than using <blank> , entering some other text
    like - None.

    Otherwise the entry may be filled in from the MS Internet Explorer Admin
    kit / OE settings, if your company has a custom installation.

    You could try the MVP sites
    http://www.mvps.org/faq/
    http://www.aumha.org/
    http://dts-l.org/
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Peter

    SgtMinor Guest

    Krijg jij je email van http://www.work.nl/ ?

    Of gebruik je dit adres om deze onderneming te spammen?

    SgtMinor, Jan 6, 2005
  10. Peter

    Rob K Guest

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:47:09 +0100, Peter wrote:

    Not sure if any can be given, meaning I would not be surprised if your
    NNTP posting host (Delft technical university, Netherlands) has
    something to do with it ;)

    Ask the sysadmin.

    Rob K, Jan 6, 2005
  11. Dunno. Don't use it.

    Can't speak definitely for your case, but every time I've entered
    a hyphen or a colon or anything but a space where a mail/news
    client has asked for organization name, that has kept the server
    from plugging in what *it* wants to show.
    What's strange? It's OE.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 7, 2005