    header. I cannot find a way to do this. I'm sorry if it's obvious, but
    can someone help?

    Thanks in advance, DGI

    David G. Imber, Oct 17, 2005

  2. David G. Imber

    Ralph Fox Guest

    What is your setting at

    Tools -> Options -> Composition
    ----Forwarding Messages----
    Forward messages: [__???????___|v]

    This setting affects how the "Forward message" button works.

    Set the "Forward messages" setting, above, to "Inline".

    Then after clicking "Forward" but before clicking "Send",
    you can easily delete those unwanted headers from the body
    of the composed message.

    See above.

    Ralph Fox, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Also, set the headers view to Normal instead of All before forwarding.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Thanks very much, and thanks as well to the other poster who
    responded.

    I discovered this on my own just subsequent to posting (as so
    often happens).

    One still sends a small header, but it's only a few lines,
    which is quite acceptable. I haven't tried sending a message in-line
    that features "styled text", which is the bane of my Linux-using
    correspondents' lives, but I'll deal with that in time.

    Thanks again, DGI

    David G. Imber, Oct 17, 2005