how to stop nuts in a news room. Is there any one monerting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steveg, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Steveg

    Steveg Guest

    Steveg, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Steveg

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Steveg

    Mara Guest

  4. Steveg

    Patch Guest

    "killfile" them and move on.

    Patch, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Steveg

    Herbert West Guest

    Close down the newspaper, radio or TV station the news room is in. <g>

    SERIOUSLY: This is USENET and we have "newsgroups," not newsrooms.

    As far as stopping nuts in newsgroups. This is USENET. Unless the nut
    is making death threats against the president, or deliberately posting
    viruses or kiddie-porn, you can't.

    The best way to get rid of the "trolls" or obnoxious users is for
    EVERYBODY else to COMPLETELY ignore them. Getting no attention, they
    will soon go elsewhere.

    Learn to use your killfile. Others have answered your question about
    how to use it. Read their replies.

    -herb-

    Herbert West, Sep 25, 2003
  6. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:54:41 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Steveg in message

    "monerting"?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2128

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 26, 2003
  7. Steveg

    trout Guest

    Dat's when you're monering dis ting and dat ting.

    trout, Sep 26, 2003
  8. Steveg

    zamboni30000 Guest

    Yeah, like on a monerter!

    zamboni30000, Sep 26, 2003
  9. Steveg

    Jim PKP Guest

    Taking people up on spelling is not big or clever.

    Jim PKP, Sep 26, 2003
  10. Why not? Most applications now a days have spell checks. It might not be the
    right word but at least it will be spelt correctly.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 26, 2003
  11. Steveg

    Jim PKP Guest

    In that case, get it to check "now a days".

    Jim PKP, Sep 26, 2003
  12. Three separate valid words!

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 26, 2003
  13. Steveg

    Jim PKP Guest

    nowadays is one word

    Jim PKP, Sep 26, 2003
  14. Steveg

    Jim PKP Guest

    ....but I'm bored now, so.....

    Jim PKP, Sep 26, 2003
  15. Can also be spelled now-a-days.....

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 26, 2003
  16. On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:52:31 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Jim PKP in message
    Alright, you define "monerting" for me.....

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2144

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 26, 2003
  17. On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:04:48 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Jim PKP in message

    "Taking people up on spelling is not big or clever.

    --
    ---

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 26, 2003
  18. Steveg

    Jim PKP Guest

    Kind of missing the point there, Sourdough, aren't you?
    Which was, btw, don't correct spelling, its not big and clever, and
    spelling corrections often contain spelling errors, as did the op

    Jim PKP, Sep 26, 2003
  19. Steveg

    Jim PKP Guest

    Um....it was a typo for monitoring.