    this what I need?

    Thanks
    Rog

    roger, Jul 21, 2005

  2. roger

    Guest Guest

    That sounds illegal to me. Am I correct?

    Rohit

    Guest, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Why should we help you steal something someone else has paid for? Why don't you pay
    your own way, instead of being a useless parasite?

    Andrew Sayers, Jul 21, 2005
  4. no, you need a 30 day community service order and your arse kicking.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 21, 2005
  5. roger

    Rob Morley Guest

    You need to go to troll school if that's the best you can manage.

    Rob Morley, Jul 21, 2005
  6. roger

    roger Guest

    I don't have $100 box for cable modem yet since I'm not working.
    This would only be for a few months (I hope).

    This is not a troll but a technical question. If you don't know how to
    repeat a non WEP secure signal, don't post stupid crap plz.

    roger, Jul 21, 2005
  7. roger

    bigbrian Guest

    You started it

    Brian

    bigbrian, Jul 21, 2005
  8. roger

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    Receiving a signal is one thing, being able to use it is quite another.
    If the network is protected (very likely) then you won't be able to use
    it.

    Jon, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Firstly why should we care whether you've the money or not?

    Secondly as you're obviously a stupid yank (check the appalling spelling of
    "neighbor") why are you posting in "UK.comp.* ?)

    Thirdly, if you've not got the money - GO AND EARN IT - you are a total loser - I
    even bet you voted for George W Bush. (W = wanker)

    Come back at this if you've got the courage you useless tosser

    Andrew Sayers, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Ignore the arsehole, he's clearly extremely stupid.

    Andrew Sayers, Jul 21, 2005
  11. roger

    Pete Guest

    rog,

    If you know the access point is a LinkSys then I suspect you have been
    in their property...

    Why not just drill a hole through the wall and plug your cable in
    direct?.

    Or better still why not just steal the router they have and dig up
    their cable?

    Whilst your in their property you could also steal the food from their
    baby's mouth...

    Or why not simply take over and squat in their property..

    I'm sure it is all justifiable just because you are not working !!

    Pete, Jul 22, 2005
  12. default SSID, symptomatic of low security.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 22, 2005
  13. roger

    roger Guest

    As far as I know, neighbor is spelled "Neighbor". Is it different in
    UK?

    Let me rephrase the problem a bit differently so not to offend the
    sensitive crowd.

    I have a Netgear wireless router attached to a cable modem upstairs.
    The signal is too weak downstairs. I bought a similar router (MR814)
    thinking I can set it up as a repeater but can't get it configured. I'm
    thinking I should have gotten the Ethernet Bridge instead. The sales
    guys at the store were useless and told me that MR814 should be able to
    repeat the signal.

    Thanks in advance
    Roger

    roger, Jul 22, 2005
  14. roger

    Conor Guest

    This is illegal under the Computer Misuse Act.

    Conor, Jul 22, 2005
  15. roger

    Conor Guest

    Yes shithead. Unlike you stupid fuking Merkins, we can spell properly
    and can pronounce "iu" so we don't have to call aluminium "aluminum".
    Not a chance. You're a fucking criminal.

    Conor, Jul 22, 2005
  16. roger

    Conor Guest

    If he can't connect, I'd reckon on it being a "honeypot".

    Conor, Jul 22, 2005
  17. roger

    roger Guest

    Merkins? I like it!! That's sooo funny....

    So how DO you spell "neighbor" in the formerly great British Empire
    (now mostly inhabited by disgrunted Moslem extremists).

    Long Live the Queen (soon to be Camilla Bowles ????).

    roger, Jul 22, 2005
  18. repeater and bridging modes on wireless kit are a bit fussy due to
    lack of standards. Generally it works if the same chipset or model is
    involved but may not work within a vendor's range of equipment.

    For example a Netgear WG602 will repeat the signal from another WG602
    but not from a DG834 router.

    So if you want to repeat or bridge a Linksys use a Linksys, preferably
    the same one, unless you have evidence that something else will work.

    PS
    neighbor
    theater
    gotten
    etc are all give-aways :)

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 22, 2005
  19. "neighbour"

    also used in Esperanto

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 22, 2005
  20. roger

    roger Guest

    THANKS!.

    Finally some useful info. Those UK guys are tough...
    What crybabys! Bitching about signal theft???

    I'm sure none of them have gigs of MP3 files they downloaded for free.
    I'm also certain all of you paid for your copies of XP and Office....

    I post an honest question and just want a technical response. Leave
    your moral agendas at home please. FYI, in US, many leave their
    wireless access points unsecured so that others can use internet
    connections. There are thousands of these Hot Spots in Manhattan.

    In London, I'm sure they are all anal and go WAP crazy.

    Cheers

    roger, Jul 22, 2005