    window "Wireless Network Connection Properties" and then "Wireless Networks",
    but in XP Home Edtion "Wireless Networks" is not an option. So my question is
    where can I configure this on XP Home?

    Guest, Sep 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    What wireless adapter is in your XP Home machine?

    Malke

    Malke, Sep 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) Core 2 Duo

    Guest, Sep 18, 2006
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    This has nothing to do with Home vs. Pro. Check to make sure your
    wireless adapter is on. If this is a laptop, most laptops have a
    switch, button, or keypress combination to toggle the connection
    on/off. Also, you didn't mention the service pack levels of your XP's.
    If you don't have SP2 on the Home machine, that might be why. I
    honestly don't remember if pre-SP2 has the wireless networking Control
    Panel applet because it has been so long since I've had a pre-SP2
    machine.

    In any case, if your hardware is properly installed you don't need the
    applet. Your Intel Pro wireless manager should be popping up telling
    you it sees wireless networks and asking if you want to connect. That
    is where you put the encryption key. If you aren't getting the popup
    from the Intel Pro, it is either not working or is turned off.

    Malke

    Malke, Sep 18, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    and use the Windows Utility to manage the connection.

    Guest, Sep 18, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Solution:
    The wireless zero configuration service was not started and therefore the
    "Wireless Networks" did not pop up in that panel.

    Guest, Sep 19, 2006