    within router itself? The box is running linux 2.4.17(ifconfig, brctl
    commands available, and access to /proc).

    Dmitri

    dmitri, Apr 2, 2007

  2. dmitri

    Dave Saville Guest

    Why degrade the whole switch? Get a cheapo hub second hand and put it between
    the ATA and the switch. With just the PC and the ATA on it you won't notice any
    difference. But in any case how do you propose to play back a recorded session?

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Apr 2, 2007

  3. dmitri

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Using Ethereal (or Wireshark as it's now called) you can generate an
    audio file from the RTP packets easily.

    I would also suggest trying to find a hub on ebay or somewhere but they
    are getting harder to find, not helped by the way a lot of sellers on
    there don't realise that a hub and a switch aren't the same thing!

    Another alternative would be to buy a managed switch which has a
    "monitor port" feature but this is probably too expensive for what you want.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Apr 2, 2007
  4. Look up arp cache poisoning/spoofing.

    Eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARP_spoofing

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 2, 2007
  5. dmitri

    SteveC Guest

    I've got an old Netgear 4 port ethernet HUB in my loft somewhere, with
    power supply.
    Would you like me to see if I can find it?

    Regards
    Steve

    SteveC, Apr 3, 2007
  6. dmitri

    dmitri Guest

    Thank you Steve. I'll try to "soft-solve" that.

    Regards,
    Dmitri

    dmitri, Apr 5, 2007