    have a Lynksis wireless network router for the laptop.

    Thank you

    yuke

    Yuke, Jan 11, 2005

  2. When you install the printer, in add printers, you must set it up as a
    network printer, not a local printer.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Yuke

    Guest Guest

    I am having the same probs - not as simple as adding network printer though.
    I have 2 x dell laptops, both running XP Home (SP2); 2 x BT voyager 1060
    wireless adapter; 1 x Linksys WAG54G(UK) wireless-g ADSL . I have connected
    to the Internet (BT broadband) simply enough but have run the network set up
    wizard till am blue in the face but without apparent success at joining my 2
    laptops so that they can share files and share printer.

    I keep getting the error message regarding the Wireless Zero Configuration;
    have enabled it, disabled it and set to auto but still no joy. Is this a red
    herring?

    On both laptops I do however see the wireless connection symbols - wirelss
    connection and signal strength and both seem to tell me that I am connected.
    Not sure or confident as to actual status; have asked each computer to map
    the network and neither shows that it sees the other.

    Firewall is, I think, disabled on both laptops. Would VERY MUCH appreciate
    some guidance and ideally be able to speak it through with someone.

    Many thanks in anticipation,

    Paul Miller

    Guest, Jan 11, 2005