    192.168.0.2 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I am able to ping from
    either of them. What could be the problem?

    Thank you

    Avi, Jun 3, 2009

  2. Avi

    PeeCee Guest

    Avi

    Forget about Internet Connection sharing, it was designed to work with dial
    up networking and is irrelevant in today's broadband environment.

    Go buy yourself a 5 or 8 port LAN switch a 100 Mbit one will be good enough
    Connect your Modem to one of the LAN switch ports.
    Then connect the other two PC's directly to 'any' of the other ports on the
    LAN switch.
    Remove or ignore the second NIC you put in your main PC.

    Have the modem on first then start both PC's and you should be good to go.

    Note the following assumptions:
    1 Your modem has a DHCP server inside and allocates the TCP/IP address for
    each PC that connects via the LAN switch.
    2 Both your PC's are set to 'Obtain an IP address Automatically'
    3 The LAN cables you use are straight through or if crossover the LAN Switch
    is able to adjust to match (most modern ones do)

    If you have problems check your network settings in control panel / network
    connections by right clicking on the LAN Icon and selecting STATUS /
    Support.
    The TCP/IP on each PC should be different (192.168.0.x) the mask
    255.255.255.0 and the Gateway 192.168..0.1 the same.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 3, 2009