    software can do this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)

    Joe M, Sep 29, 2007

  2. Joe M

    Dave Cohen Guest

    No, you would have to use something that saves the actual changed image.
    I like FastStone for quick edits, it's quite good, easy to use and free.
    Some people like Picasa, it's also free but I don't have any experience
    with it. There are some of other freebies including some that go a
    little further in editing power, but you will probably be able to do
    most of what you want with one of the two I named.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Sep 29, 2007

  3. Joe M

    Paul Furman Guest

    Nikon ViewNX does work that way... you can even position other than
    center and scroll though images... this is nice for comparing matched
    shots for sharpness. It's a free download. I can't say I'd recommend it
    in general but that's a nice feature. All your images will have the same
    zoom and position, no program will save that individually except picassa
    where you would perform a crop & it saves that info without changing the
    file. Unless picassa has changed it has the strange behavior of sorting

    Paul Furman, Sep 30, 2007