How to safely transfer files from one hard drive to another?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zebraloc, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Zebraloc

    Zebraloc Guest

    The solution is to get a CD recorder, but it 's not in the budget now.
    My hard drive, A, has a severe problem with connecting to the
    internet. I called my cable provider and the technician had me take
    all the TCP/IP adapters out and put them back in. The system gave me a
    prompt to restart the machine but it froze and control-alt-delete
    revealed a file, msgrv23 (or somethig like it) was not responding.

    The tech said I had a problem that was beyond the scope of his
    responsibility and that I should back up the files I need and do a
    fresh install.

    I formatted another drive, B, installed the operating system, Win 98,
    and now at least have internet access. My question is can I make
    drive A a slave to B and transfer the files I need from A to B without
    copying the problem that has affected drive A?

    Thanks

    Zebraloc, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Zebraloc

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes. The problem you had on the other install was an
    operating system problem, not a file problem.

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 06:13:54 GMT, in
    <>
    Zebraloc scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2003