    I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
    addresses. Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ? If so, is
    there a document that can run me thru the steps?

    robertaj, Jul 16, 2007

  2. robertaj

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    Since you are a googlegrouper posting w/ a gmail login, I'm going to
    assume you are more likely to confuse Outlook Express OE the free
    mailnews agent of IE with Outlook OL the MAPI messenger client of MS
    Office than you are to not confuse them.

    So, I think your question is supposed to be that you would like to have
    OE handle two different email accounts. It is also possible that you
    want to have OL handle two different email accounts, since you mentioned
    work addresses and work addresses often involve MS Office and OL and
    even Exchange.
    You don't handle two mail accounts by running 2 instances of OL or OE.

    One 'instance' can have any number of mail accounts. You can have
    multiple mail accounts for a single identity or you can have multiple
    mail accounts for multiple identities.

    Mike Easter, Jul 16, 2007

  3. robertaj

    Meat Plow Guest

    You can set up multiple accounts in Outlook.

    Meat Plow, Jul 16, 2007
  4. robertaj

    WhzzKdd Guest

    And with just a little help from the rules, the email can even be sorted
    properly into separate folders based on which account it was received from.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 16, 2007
  5. ...or you could upgrade to Thunderbird which does that without the need
    for rules. Just set a major option for addresses to use their own set of
    folders. (might be the default)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 16, 2007
  6. robertaj

    Techknowdude Guest

    If you want to keep the two instances seperate the best way is to set
    up a profile for each account. See the link below!

    TechKnow Dude
    www.techknow-solutions.net

    Techknowdude, Jul 18, 2007