    enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it, I
    get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the screen
    without running dosshell?

    slowhands, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Press Alt/Enter keys

    Press Alt/Enter keys again to get out of full screen
    type exit to get out of shell

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR, Feb 8, 2005

  3. slowhands

    Joel Rubin Guest

    1) Right click on the desktop icon for command prompt and choose copy.
    2) Right click on an empty piece of the desk top and choose paste.
    3) Right click on the copy and choose properties.
    4) On the options sheet of properties, click full screen.
    5) Now rename the copy to something like "Full Screen DOS Box".

    Note - within a DOS Box, you can always go to full screen or from full
    screen to a window by typing alt+enter.

    Joel Rubin, Feb 8, 2005
  4. slowhands

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | | > When I run command out of windows, i get a small window which i can then
    | > enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it, I
    | > get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the screen
    | > without running dosshell?
    | >

    | Press Alt/Enter keys
    |
    | Press Alt/Enter keys again to get out of full screen
    | type exit to get out of shell

    Yup - and that works for any DOS applications running in a window as well!

    Toolman Tim, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Certainly Does :)

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR, Feb 9, 2005
  6. slowhands

    mhinkle

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi guys, I'm running win7 and when i use ALT-Enter I get an error message that says "This system does not support fullscreen mode"
    Now what?

    mhinkle, Sep 5, 2012