HOW TO REPLACE float.

Discussion in 'Software' started by kishore.kommula, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. kishore.kommula

    kishore.kommula

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    HI All,

    we have used float (data type) in our project. eariler our requirement was to store bellow 1 crore. now our requirement becomes to store 1000 crores.

    so float data type is not sufficent for such kind of huge amount. so i need to replace the float with some other data type. doubble is also not sufficent.

    long will not store after the decimal values. for example 12,12,23,345.43
    it will take only 12,12,23,345.

    we can use "BigDecimal" but everything becomes an object

    float have been used in my project thousands of times.

    how to replace.

    please help me out .

    Regards,
    Kishor.