    Fred J Guest

    How do I remove from MSCONFIG programs which I never use
    and don't want to be them there? Thanks Fred

    Fred J, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Fred J

    James Haddow Guest

    Could you give more detail please?

    Thanks, James.

    James Haddow, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Fred J

    Patch Guest

    Just click on the "Startup" tab & uncheck the ones you don't want to run at
    startup. Sometimes you need to disable them from within the actual program.

    Patch, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Fred J

    Sven Guest

    Just click on the "Startup" tab & uncheck the ones you don't want to run
    at
    program.

    I think he's unticked them, but wants to physically remove them

    Sven, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Fred J

    Alien Zord Guest

    Either uninstall the programs or use Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel
    utility to delete them from registry and startup groups.
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Alien Zord, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Fred J

    Fred J Guest

    You are right Fred

    Fred J, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Fred J

    olfart Guest

    in that case Tweak UI will do it

    olfart, Nov 20, 2003
  8. Fred J

    Richard Guest

    In registry editor search for a folder named "run-" or "runonce-".

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-

    This key holds the place markers for unchecked items.
    Delete the items, leave the folder.
    No need to reboot.

    Richard, Nov 20, 2003