    Dave Guest

    Consider replacing the eye

    Dave

    Dave, Mar 13, 2008

  2. krunch.kaptain

    Pudentame Guest

    Oh, OK.

    Doesn't look like it has the weight to flatten out the crease in a print
    though.

    Pudentame, Mar 13, 2008

  3. krunch.kaptain

    Guest Guest

    Not even if I load it up with 100 books?

    Seriously, I do some contract PS work, and have fixed a number of creased
    photos. It's not hard. It's just donkey work.

    Guest, Mar 13, 2008
  4. krunch.kaptain

    Pudentame Guest

    Whenever I've had to do this, I use a very small, soft brush (2-3
    pixels, 10 hardness and select the closest "clean" point I can for my
    source.

    Closest means closest color value ... you may have to use parts of the
    other eye to build up the eye that's under the damage.

    I also set opacity and flow at about 50%.

    Instead of dragging, I use a click, click, click ... moving the pointer
    around like manually spotting a print.

    I un-check the "aligned" box. I want my source to stay within that
    "clean" spot, but I change the source point frequently to achieve a
    blend of tones matching the surrounding area that becomes harder to see
    in the repaired image.

    All this is done on a duplicate layer. If it goes horribly wrong,
    discard the layer and start again. But it should work, so you can
    flatten the layer into the image later.

    It's the same technique you'd use to remove the reflection of strobes
    from a portrait subject's eye-glasses. It'll take a long time to build
    up the correction, but it'll be damn near un-detectable in the end.

    Pudentame, Mar 13, 2008
  5. krunch.kaptain

    John Guest

    John, Mar 13, 2008
  6. krunch.kaptain

    Guest Guest

    And I am paid for it!

    Guest, Mar 13, 2008
  7. krunch.kaptain

    jrblack10 Guest

    jrblack10, Mar 13, 2008
  8. On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:24:01 -0700 (PDT), jrblack10

    I haven't used it my self, but Akvis has a tool just for this
    purpose...
    But I have used other Akvis tools and they are quite nice.

    http://akvis.com/en/retoucher/examples-image-restoration.php

    Microsoft's PictureIt does a pretty good job. PictureIt is bundled
    with Microsoft WORKS. It may also be in their OFFICE package.

    Stephen Keefrider, Mar 14, 2008
  9. Just google
    crease tool in photoshop

    or use the magic words crease go away!

    Jean Pierre Daviau, Mar 15, 2008
  10. krunch.kaptain

    stuseven Guest

    the best way to remove that crease is print a new copy.
    problem solved.

    stuseven, Mar 16, 2008
  11. krunch.kaptain

    Dave Guest

    or a smoothing iron

    Dave, Mar 16, 2008
  12. krunch.kaptain

    Frank Wrap Guest

    If you like freeware you might want to test this small standalone app on
    your picture http://www.hanovsolutions.com/?prod=PhotoWipe

    Frank Wrap, Mar 17, 2008
  13. krunch.kaptain

    Bob Williams Guest

    Mainly, I do it for friends and family who want to restore family photos
    that are 50-75 years old.
    Often they have been passed down through several generations.
    Bob

    Bob Williams, Mar 26, 2008
  14. krunch.kaptain

    Savageduck Guest

    I have found making a good scan to work from the basic starting point.
    Then progressive and slow repair with all the tools you have available
    in PS, in my case CS2.

    In this example, a shot of my father and grandfather, the crease is
    obvious on my grandfather's right side. The scan leaves deep shadows,
    some of which are best to minimize rather to completely clone, or
    patch, as the texture of the jacket would be ruined. I managed to fix
    the obvious problem, and the in the final result cured my father of
    smoking (something he hasn't done in 50 years. he is still a healthy
    86).

    http://snipr.com/22pni-hbecnj

    Regards,
    Savageduck

    Savageduck, Mar 27, 2008
  15. krunch.kaptain

    Savageduck Guest

    and with a little more tweeking. http://snipr.com/22pqk-hhrm0i

    Savageduck, Mar 27, 2008
  16. krunch.kaptain

    Savageduck Guest

    Not if you don't have a negative.

    Savageduck, Mar 27, 2008
  17. krunch.kaptain

    Savageduck, Mar 27, 2008
  18. krunch.kaptain

    Mike Russell Guest

    Mike Russell, Apr 1, 2008
  19. krunch.kaptain

    Savageduck Guest

    Thanks.

    Nice work on your part. It just goes to show, all the tools are there
    in PS/CS2 & CS3 (and in Elements).

    That was taken in November 1944 when Dad was home on well earned leave
    after Leyte. I have a good bunch of shots taken in New Guinea
    (1943/44), The Phillipines (1944), Okinawa & Japan (1945) some in good
    condition and some not so good, requiring a fair amount of work.

    I also have some older family shots of Dad at age 7. The ones of me as
    a two year old with my older cousins around 1950 will remain unposted.

    Regards,

    Savageduck

    Savageduck, Apr 1, 2008