    I don't want to create a new network for all 3 machine. How do I connect
    this new machine to Internet and reconnect it to my existing network?
    Thanks for your suggestions.

    ilyaz, May 2, 2008

  2. ilyaz

    Dave Guest

    the same way you connected it the first time.

    Dave, May 2, 2008

  3. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    If I remember it, I would... I tried to use the wizard, but got nowhere...
    Ilya

    ilyaz, May 2, 2008
  4. There's almost always an icon down by the clock for the wireless adapter.
    Either open it or right-click on it and choose to view current wireless
    networks. When you see the list pick the proper "network" and connect to
    it.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, May 2, 2008
  5. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    Phillip, thanks for your suggestion. The problem is that the setup on this
    machine is virgin. I just restored WinXP from a manufacturer restoration
    disk. There is NOTHING, but the WinXP itself. Everything must be reinstalled
    from the square one. I attempted to reinstall the PCI adapter, but the
    wizard would not do it. I think, the first step would be to connect this
    machine to the DSL modem directly, but it will require taking everything
    down and relocating it to another room. If I can avoid it somehow, I'd do...
    Ilya

    ilyaz, May 2, 2008
  6. ilyaz

    Dave Guest

    if you don't have the mfg cd for the wireless card use one of your other
    machines to go download the mfg installation files, put them on a cd, and
    install from that... and then save the cd so you can reinstall in the
    future.

    Dave, May 2, 2008
  7. ilyaz

    John Guest

    The main thing to do is to get internet connection thru your wireless
    connection. After that, you can get everything off of the internet.
    What device is that? Wireless network interface card?
    Or you can use one of the other 2 PCs to download WiFi card driver. Install
    WiFi driver and join your wireless network.
    That's doing it the hard way.

    John, May 2, 2008
  8. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 2, 2008
  9. ilyaz

    ilyaz Guest

    Well, folks, thanks for all the suggestions. After a few unsuccessful
    attempt to get my Linksys PCI going, I installed a TRENDnet adapter and got
    connected in no time...
    Thanks again for your assistance.
    Ilya

    ilyaz, May 3, 2008