    Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mervin Williams

    Mervin Williams, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Mervin Williams

    ptwilliams Guest

    There are several ways to auto-configure your proxy server. You must be
    using one of them. They are as follows:

    -- WPAD: DNS

    An alias (C-Name) in DNS that points to the proxy server.

    -- WPAD: DHCP

    A custom DHCP attribute that points to the proxy. I think it's option
    number 252.

    -- Setting via GPO. Check your GPOs. You'll find the appropriate policy
    object here:

    \User Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Internet Explorer Maintenance\
    Connection\ Proxy Settings

    --

    Paul Williams
    http://www.msresource.net

    Join us in our new forums!
    http://forums.msresource.net

    We have recently removed Firewall Client and Proxy from our Small Business
    Server 2004 network. Nonetheless, some machines on the network still apply
    the proxy setting in Internet Explorer when a user logs onto a PC for the
    first time.

    ptwilliams, Sep 13, 2004