    connection to sound card?

    I mean without ripping. Can this be done?

    thanks a lot

    Eric R, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Eric R

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Put in the CD, open a media player program, press the play button. The
    computer reads the digital data off the disk, not an analog signal (what you
    referred to as "hardwire connection").

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Eric R

    Eric R Guest

    when I do this with either windows media player or winamp there is no
    sound though the file seems to be read as the progress bar moves but
    no sound. I can play mp3's no prob off of my hard drive.

    Eric R, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Eric R

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Open your volume control and check the settings - you may have to turn up a
    different control. You can double-click the little speaker icon in the
    system tray, or click start, all programs, accessories, entertainment,
    volume control. Not all functions may be showing: click Options, Properties
    to see what other controls may be available.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Eric R

    Eric R Guest

    hmmm, strange, I tried to add volume control icon to task bar and got
    the message that volume control program is not installed and to
    install it via add new programs from the control panel but when I try
    to install new windows programs it's not listed anywhere. I'm running
    xp pro 2002 sp2.

    Eric R, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Eric R

    WormWood Guest

    In "Add/Remove" Programs see the list down the left side, click on
    Accessories. This will install volume control and other accessories apps
    from your windows cab folder on the hdd. This is how mine works..XP Pro
    SP2.

    WormWood, Sep 1, 2005