    instance; wait for that second dial tone and then continue with further
    digits.

    Any comments or advice on this would be most welcome. Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Dec 6, 2007

  2. Mike Sun

    Ivor Jones Guest

    : : The SPA3102 has so many parameters that one feels it
    : : should be able to do anything. But how to you get a
    : : pause in the middle of a transmitted sequence of digits
    : : in a dial plan?
    : :
    : : This would be useful if one has to wait for a secondary
    : : dial tone so for instance; wait for that second dial
    : : tone and then continue with further digits.
    : :
    : : Any comments or advice on this would be most welcome.
    : : Cheers from Mike

    IIRC a comma in a dial string will wait for a second dial tone, but not
    certain. Someone will be along shortly to confirm I'm sure.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 7, 2007

  3. Mike Sun

    Brian A Guest

    It is possible to have a 'warm line' set up.
    Here you can have the box access a specific number, after a preset
    delay of your choice, if no dialling is done.
    For example, you may decide to have your system call
    080811111111 after a 4 second delay. If you dial before that time then
    this call will not be made.
    This would be the rule:-
    P4 <:080811111111>
    If this were a 'callthrough' number then all you would have to do is
    lift the handset, wait 4 seconds and then you should hear the prompt
    from the callthrough provider shortly after that. You then dial your
    number. You can route your call via a particular gateway simply by
    adding this to the rule above
    <:mad:gwX>
    where X is the gateway number. If it is '0' it will route via your
    landline.

    Ivor has indicated that it is possible to have a second dial tone come
    up. This is usually afer dialling an access code.
    This
    <#01,:>xx.<:mad:gw1>
    will connect you to gateway 1 provider if you dial #01
    You will hear a new dialling tone.
    However, there is no need for a pause - you can carry on dialling the
    number you require and it will route via the provider you have set on
    gateway 1. e.g. #01456789 as a complete string will dial 456789 via
    gateway 1.

    The only thing you can't do is route a number automatically through a
    'callthrough' with no dialling of that number.
    e.g. Call 0800111111 wait 7 seconds then 0870123456, after dialling a
    short code to trigger it, such as #2, is NOT possible.

    Brian A, Dec 7, 2007
  4. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    Mike Sun, Dec 7, 2007
  5. Mike Sun

    Mike Sun Guest

    Thanks Brian for the "heads up" on the warm line technique - sorry about the
    "empty" previous reply of mine where I accidentally hit send before typing
    anything.

    I now use the warm line method to give me a real (not simulated) BT dial
    tone after 4 seconds in the following configuration:-

    Line 1 Tab Settings:-

    Dial Plan:-
    (P4<:#9>S0<:mad:gw0>|<12,:>x.|0x.<:mad:gw1>|<9,:>x.<:mad:gw0>|#9S0<:mad:gw0>|x)

    PSTN Line Tab Settings:-
    - Dial Plans - Dial Plan 2: - (<#9:><:,>|x.)
    - VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup - Line 1 VoIP Caller DP: - 2

    So if I want BT I just wait the 4 seconds for the BT dial tone. This is
    useful on my Panasonic DECT phone as it allows me to use the phone book
    without pre-programming a prefix (9 or #9).

    I like the option of actaul BT call progress tones as sometimes there are
    voice messages, etc that can be missed if relying entirely on ATA generated
    call progress tones.

    Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Dec 7, 2007