    great.

    But forgot the name :)

    Thankjs.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 22, 2006

  2. Home Theatre Guy

    Miller Guest

    *Home Theatre Guy* wrote on 22.05.06 18:53:
    Hope you can remember the program's name you're talking about?
    Mozilla. Tunderbird. Firefox. Seamonkey.....
    No facts - no help. ;-)

    cu, Miller

    Miller, May 23, 2006

  3. Home Theatre Guy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Assuming Firefox, Mozilla Suite, or SeaMonkey (you didn't specify), it's
    likely an extension to tabbed browsing. I use TBE and it will allow
    control over this. TBE is:
    http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en. Check the
    various extensions sites for other tabbed browsing extensions.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 23, 2006
  4. Sory iam an Idiot.

    Firefox.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 23, 2006
  5. Thanks man thats th eone i had. How do i config it. I tell it to load
    everything in background yet it does not do it. Just loads eveything
    in a new tab and iam viewing it :(

    Want to open a tab in background and keep viewing the page the link
    was on :)

    THanks.

    Would a reinstall of Firefox help. Just did a reinstall of windows.
    Firefox is on d drive ??

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 23, 2006
  6. Home Theatre Guy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Under the Tab menu - Use Tab - for the various link sources (History,
    Bookmarks, etc.) choose Open in New Background Tab.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 23, 2006
  7. Home Theatre Guy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, May 23, 2006
  8. HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

    I put laod everything in hackground yet when i click on link it dont
    load in the background.

    My bookmarks load in background. But links load in forground what am i
    doing wrong ?

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 23, 2006
  9. Home Theatre Guy

    gwtc Guest

    if you want links, bookmarks, etc, to open in the background, then you
    can do that without an extension. In the address bar type in
    about:config and when it comes up, look for the entry of:

    browser.tabs.loadInBackground

    when found, double click on it and change it to true

    gwtc, May 23, 2006
  10. It still refuses to open links i click on in the back ground it just
    loads them up in the current tab ???

    This is anoying me. I told it to load everything up in back ground.
    Can i get some more specfic help here :)

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 23, 2006
  11. Home Theatre Guy

    Me Guest

    what extensions have you got? Anything like Tab Mix Plus, TBE, or
    others? Maybe one of them is causing the problem.

    Me, May 23, 2006
  12. Ibe just got tabbrowser installed. And i have told it to load
    everything links bookmarks everything it says in he background. It
    loas bookmarks in the back ground !!!!

    Might install Norton Utes 2005 and run that. Problaby invalid Activex
    statements and other stuff needs fixing :)

    Bye.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 23, 2006
  13. Home Theatre Guy

    gwtc Guest

    before you do that, open the Javascript Console under Tools. When it
    opens, clear everything, then click on a link and see what the console
    tells you.

    gwtc, May 23, 2006
  14. I dont even know if i have Java installed. Does the Xp Home Install
    install JAva ?

    I kno wi have not installed a standalone version. Would not having
    Java installed not makeit work ?

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 24, 2006
  15. Home Theatre Guy

    gwtc Guest

    I didn't say Java. I said Javascript. Two different programs and
    they have nothing in common. You'll find the Javascript Console by
    looking under the Tools menu

    gwtc, May 24, 2006
  16. I think some of the other plugins i have installed and uninstalled are
    still hanging arround. When i move my mouse over a tab the tab becomes
    active.

    Pretty sure that aint default and i enable dit with another plug in. I
    deleted the Mozzila folder in wndows dirrectory and unijstall all my
    plug ins before i did this !!!

    Only thing that dont run in background is links i click on.

    Bye.

    Home Theatre Guy, May 25, 2006