How to mix 5.1 channels into one audio stream ?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by boardrider, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. boardrider

    boardrider Guest

    Hi,

    I bought a new DVD player that has 5.1 Audio outputs.
    However, the TV I try to connect to has only one "Audio In" connector.

    The white-yellow-red cable that came with the DVD is compatible with
    the TV connector, so that's not the problem.
    The problem is how to mix all 5.1 audio out channels to one stream,
    that could go into the TV ?

    Is there a FAQ somewhere that answer this question ?

    Currently, I connect the TV into either the Left, Right or Center DVD
    out channels, but obviously, not all audio gets to the TV.

    So, what is the recommended way to mix 5.1 channels (at least the Right
    + Center + Left channels) into one audio stream that could be fed into
    a TV Audio In ?

    Thanks,
    BR.

    boardrider, Sep 7, 2005