    Note that the Linksys software to connect to the wireless AP is not working
    and thus Linksys techsupport suggest using the Wireless Zero Configuration to
    connect to our network instead. TIA.

    Guest, Aug 29, 2005

  2. In XP SP2 you can manually disconnect from the wireless network. This
    change would not be automatic upon the detection of a wired connection. So
    if your end users don't mind the extra manual steps:

    RIGHT-CLICK on the system tray icon for the wireless adapter
    select "view available networks"
    from the list of available networks, LEFT-CLICK the SSID you are connected
    select the "Disconnect" button from the lower right-hand corner of the UI

    I hope that helps.

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Aug 30, 2005