How to make email readable from two addresses?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Potato chip, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Potato chip

    Potato chip Guest

    I just set up a new domain hosted at hostpc.com. My account allows
    creation of up to five email addresses at my new domain. That's simple
    enough to do.

    However, one of my business partners would like his email at the new
    domain to be readable at an existing personal email address he has.

    That is, if there's an account, say, , Joe wants to
    be able to read mail sent to that account by checking his personal email
    account, say

    So if he checks , he'll get all emails sent to that
    address, only.

    But if he checks , he'll get messages sent to
    BOTH that one AND .

    I've seen something like this done before, but how?

    Potato chip, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Potato chip

    why? Guest

    Fix the one in your daft posting address first.

    Do you own the domain grey.com?

    Registrant:
    Grey Advertising, Inc. (GREY-DOM)
    777 Third Avenue
    New York, NY 10017
    US
    Domain Name: GREY.COM

    If not why are you sending the spam you help create to thier mail
    server?
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Potato chip

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Where ever the mynewdomain.com is hosted you will need to create an alias of
    the form:

    : ,

    How this is actually done will depend on mail server software used on
    mynewdomain.com

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Potato chip

    Alan Connor Guest

    Procmail will do this with ease.

    AC

    Alan Connor, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Potato chip

    Sam Guest

    Beavis, you illiterate baboon: where did he say that he has shell access, or
    even procmail available?

    Sam, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Potato chip

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Access the account of set up forwarding to

    pcbutts1, Oct 27, 2004