    and I don't have a bootable CD.

    What's next?

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Steve Freides

    dadiOH Guest

    How do you know?
    ___________
    Did you set the BIOS to enable booting from a CD before the hard drive?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 7, 2005

  3. Been there, done that. Machine has an option when booting, hit F12,
    brings up a menu, you choose your boot device. Checked CMOS, spoke w/
    Dell tech support, tried another machine that can boot from another CD,
    etc.

    I just ordered the upgrade which comes w/ tech support. It'll cost me
    $100 but it'll work and that's worth $100.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Steve Freides

    7 Guest

    With windopes you are fscked.
    You need liveCDs like Knoppix (CD) and Mepis (CD)
    Quantian (bootable DVD) to be able to do that.
    To start learning all the incricacies you need
    to start with systemrescueCD for DOS stuff and the knoppix howto.

    7, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Steve Freides

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 7, 2005
  6. Steve Freides

    Sweet n Sour Guest

    The problem is not Roxio nor you, following
    the instructions incorrectly, nor the CD itself.
    The Problem is simply the PC.
    Some PC's only boot with MS-DOS,
    some only boot with PC-DOS and some
    boot with both systems.
    You have to find out, with which system your PC
    will boot and add this to Roxio's Boot CD Creator.

    Sweet n Sour, Feb 7, 2005
  7. You bang out the same note all the time no matter what the song is, eh?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 7, 2005
  8. What upgrade? I've made lots of boot CDs using Nero, never needed any
    upgrade.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 7, 2005
  9. Steve Freides

    7 Guest

    Try banging out answers to the OP and then let the OP choose
    how useful your solutions are.

    7, Feb 7, 2005
  10. Steve Freides

    Mara Guest

    Deflection.

    Mara, Feb 7, 2005
  11. Steve Freides

    7 Guest

    From a sock puppet.

    7, Feb 7, 2005
  12. Steve Freides

    Mara Guest

    Congratulations on proving that you really *are* an idiot and don't
    just play one on usenet. :)

    "Your prize? The bozo bin, with the rest of the morons."

    Mara, Feb 7, 2005
  13. Steve Freides

    7 Guest

    Try banging out answers to the OP instead of engaging
    in net abuse flaming tart.

    7, Feb 7, 2005