    seems that the switch /3GB is for 32bit Windwos 2003 only, right?

    Thanks,

    Chao-Jen

    chaojen.chen, Sep 1, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2006

  3. chaojen.chen

    chaojen.chen Guest

    Hello Charlie,

    Thanks for your answer. Without asking the developer, is there any way
    by which I can tell whether a 32bit application is compiled with the
    option /LARGEADDRESSAWARE or not?

    If my 32bit application is not compiled with the option, is there any
    way to enable the option for the application without re-compiling?

    Thanks,

    Chao-Jen

    chaojen.chen, Sep 1, 2006
  4. chaojen.chen

    Chris Doré Guest

    The app has to be re-linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE. However, you can also
    use the MS util EDITBIN to modify the app without re-linking.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xd3shwhf.aspx

    In order to tell if an app can been linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE use the
    MS util DUMPBIN with the /HEADERS option.

    NOTE: EDITBIN and DUMPBIN do not work on apps compiled with the /GL option.

    Best of luck, Chris

    Chris Doré, Sep 1, 2006
  5. Short answer - see if they see more than 2GB of virtual memory address space
    in x64 Edition. ;) Longer answer - IANAD, but Chris has pointed you at a
    useful tool.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2006
  6. chaojen.chen

    chaojen.chen Guest

    Hello Chris,

    Much thanks. I will give a try to your answer.

    And, could you please tell me what the /GL option is for?

    Regards,

    Chao-Jen

    Chris Doré 寫é“:

    chaojen.chen, Sep 1, 2006