    I thought turning down one interface and see what interface comes
    down in the other switch, but I hope there are better ways.

    Thanks and greetings to you all.

    Sako, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Sako

    BernieM Guest

    Can you log into the switches via telnet or with a console connection? If
    you can then go into config mode "conf t" and enable Cisco Discovery
    Protocol (CDP) ... "cdp run" then "ctrl z" to exit config mode and do "show
    cdp neighbours". The output will identify both ports used for the
    connection.

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jan 8, 2007

  3. Sako

    BernieM Guest

    Re: my other post .. you need to enable cdp on both switches.

    BernieM, Jan 8, 2007
  4. Sako

    Phach Guest

    You can track your switch with its MAC address.

    Phach, Jan 8, 2007
  5. Sako

    Phach Guest

    You are right, i din't remember this.
    Shame on me with my MAC tracking anwser.

    6 months without using a cisco isn't good for health... ;-)

    Phach

    Phach, Jan 8, 2007
  6. Sako

    BernieM Guest

    That's funny because I was about to reply to you saying ... of course ...
    have a look at the mac table ... easy.

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jan 8, 2007
  7. Sako

    Sako Guest

    Thanks a lot, It seems easier than I thought!

    Most of the times is harder to get the easier answer, I'll try.
    I supose I'll find it but how do I look the MAC table?
    Thnks to you all.

    BernieM ha escrito:

    Sako, Jan 8, 2007
  8. Sako

    Phach Guest

    I didn't post the exact syntax because I don't remember it and I didn't
    want to tell you something wrong.

    If I remember correctly it's something like "show cam" (on CAT OS)

    On IOS it should be "show mac-addr..."

    Phach, Jan 8, 2007
  9. Sako

    Sako Guest

    Ok I found it now I'm fighting to match the mac addresses.

    the command is "sh mac-address-table" and it shows interface to mac
    correspondence!

    Something like this :

    1 000b.cdf3.0325 DYNAMIC Fa0/6
    so now let's find witch int it is.

    Phach ha escrito:

    Sako, Jan 8, 2007
  10. Sako

    BernieM Guest

    If you go to the other switch and type "show interface <first interface>"
    and have a look at the mac address. They will be addressed sequencly, from
    there. Go to the other switch and use the "include" option to find the port
    they come in on .... "sh mac-add | inc <mac-address>"

    BernieM, Jan 8, 2007