    Do anyone know other software that are powerful enough to find other's IP
    address?
    Thx

    James, Sep 27, 2003

  2. James

    Pete Guest

    AFAIK you have to initiate a file transfer to catch an IP address. Did you
    do that ?

    Most communications would go through the ICQ server, unless you start a file
    transfer to someone, in which case a direct connection to the other ICQ
    client is then established. You can then view the IP addresses involved.

    I think 'netstat -a' will work just as well, from a command prompt, but
    TCPView should do the job well too.

    Corrections welcome.

    Regards,

    Pete.