    warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
    something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
    etc)?

    Joebob, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Joebob

    Stacey Guest

    Hook the AV socket on the camera to an A/C wall outlet? That should toast
    it..

    Stacey, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Joebob

    Darrell Guest

    I don't know if any extended warranty plans will simply replace the camera.
    Most like Mack will actually open the camera up to determine the problem, if
    they detect intententional damage the warrantyill be voided.

    Darrell, Apr 25, 2005
  4. But I can tell you how to get Verizon to nuke your account: Forge a
    domain that you don't own.
    --
    [email protected] dot com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    | ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
    Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
    Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

    Gary L. Burnore, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Joebob

    Ron Hunter Guest

    May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
    internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
    and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that
    they don't know ethics from ethnics.
    You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
    Maybe that will work.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Joebob

    Marc Stanton Guest

    Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..
    No ............It'll just get browned off!

    MS

    Marc Stanton, Apr 25, 2005
  7. Joebob

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In "Marc Stanton"
    There is nothing so stupid that somebody won't say it on USENET in
    earnest.

    Bert Hyman, Apr 25, 2005
  8. Joebob

    Mark² Guest

    You are a shameless boob.

    Perhaps your screen name should be joeboob...

    Announcing to the world that you intend to commit fraud is right up there
    with all those "world's dumbest criminal" stories we all read about.

    As Yoda would say:

    "May the police force be with you..."

    Mark², Apr 25, 2005
  9. Joebob

    ASAAR Guest

    Immerse the camera in a gallon of sweetened iced tea for 24 hours.
    Remove, rinse briefly and place in a slow oven for 2 hours or until
    thoroughly dry internally. The rubes will never suspect a thing
    unless you say something stupid. But if that happens, admit
    nothing. Tell them that yomama did it.

    ASAAR, Apr 25, 2005
  10. Joebob

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Apr 25, 2005
  11. Joebob

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I wish he were, but suspect he is typical of the 'ME' generation.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 25, 2005
  12. I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.

    Install a bad firmware update.

    Alexander Rogge, Apr 25, 2005
  13. Joebob

    Peter A. Guest

    (1) Organise a visit to the world's largest particle accelerator. It's
    in Geneva. Take the camera.
    (2) Set up in the target area, using a tripod, so that the sensor is
    lined up with the beam path. Take a theodolite and stuff, accuracy is
    important.
    (3) Remove lens and lock mirror up.
    (4) Call the power company, who will bring another power station on
    line.
    (5) Power up the accelerator and initiate a firing sequence.

    Your camera will cease to function.
    On second thoughts, leave the mirror down and look through the
    viewfinder during this operation.

    http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Content/Chapters/VisitCERN/VisitCERN-en.html

    (The guy in the hoodie is trying a little D.I.Y. corrective eye surgery)

    Peter A., Apr 25, 2005
  14. Joebob

    steve Guest

    5 seconds in microwave. Works well with phones so should be ok with camera.

    news:[email protected]

    steve, Apr 25, 2005
  15. Joebob

    Stewy Guest

    Or drop it in a bucket of water while switched on.

    Stewy, Apr 25, 2005
  16. --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
    Do you think that the beam will change path once it hits his ear-rings?

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 25, 2005
  17. I thought that mobile phones work with microwave...

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 25, 2005
  18. Joebob

    dylan Guest

    They work LIKE microwave, especially on brains...

    dylan, Apr 25, 2005
  19. Joebob

    clutch Guest

    Go to manual mode, set 30 seconds, point camera toward sun at max
    zoom. Use optical viewfinder to keep camera pointed in right place.

    clutch, Apr 25, 2005
  20. Joebob

    scott Guest

    I suspect they have water detection parts in them, most mobile phones do
    exactly for this purpose.

    scott, Apr 25, 2005