    anyone know how I install it?

    (Someone goofed when installing new hardware on my machine and ruined my
    bios. I'm hoping this download will fix the problem.)

    frd, Nov 16, 2007

  2. frd

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Nov 16, 2007

  3. frd

    Pennywise Guest

    You need to run the update outside of windows or other OS.
    Floppy disk, Bootable CD, or bootable USB pen drive.

    A driver less disk is available at www.bootdisk.com
    http://bootdisk.com/txtfiles/bios.txt

    Pennywise, Nov 16, 2007
  4. frd

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    Note: a BIOS completely ruined makes a computer unable to boot at all,
    so make *absolutely* sure you have the bios for your *exact* model or
    you're talking about some expensive hardware repairs. Also save a backup
    of your BIOS when you do update it.

    chuckcar, Nov 16, 2007
  5. frd

    why? Guest

    Dell do, last time I flashed a Dell PC there were instructions. Not that
    I needed to use them, common sense and flashed other systems before.

    For example
    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R33556
    links to
    http://support.euro.dell.com/suppor...aseid=R33556&formatcnt=2&libid=0&fileid=36989
    with this heading - Installation Instructions

    If the BIOS is already dud, you may be better off with
    http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums?~ck=ln&lnki=0&nav=true
    Forum Home

    Me

    why?, Nov 16, 2007
  6. frd

    philo Guest

    The download will do you no good.

    Not sure how one could wipe out the bios by installing H/W...but if the bios
    was in fact destroyed...
    your machine would not boot and it would not be possible to reflash the
    bios.

    If it was simply a case of having the settings scrambled...
    all you have to do is use the bios reset jumper to return the machine to
    default settings

    philo, Nov 17, 2007