How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attribute of an image in batch mode?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ashjas, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    Hi,

    I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
    "date taken" attribute of an image file..but was not able to find
    anyone of them really do the job.

    Attribute magicpro is closest match for this task but its in beta
    currently so the changes are not really reflected in windows(VISTA
    RC1).[In win xp the date taken attribute isnt available i think..but
    this is immaterial]..

    If there is a way to do this in vista inbuilt then please suggest how
    to do this...NOTE i know that I can do it individually...but I have
    hundereds of photos so i am looking for batch mode..

    And the info that is to be inserted is a variable..so for every
    file..the modified time attribute is to be read and inserted into the
    date taken attribute..and so the mmanual-select all and modify the
    attribute from windows for all the photos wont work..

    My cameraphone doesnt add this info in the date taken attribute
    defaultly..so I need to do this to let a better organisation of my
    photos..

    the renaming feature is fine(renaming the title including the modified
    timestamp) but i need this info to be inserted into the date taken
    attribute of my photos...

    Can anyone suggest a software that does this effectively..

    Thanks.

    ashjas, Nov 5, 2006

  2. ashjas

    ejunks Guest

    I have been waiting for this as well...
    Please anyone??

    ejunks, Nov 5, 2006

  3. ashjas

    John Holmes Guest

    ashjas "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Wait for the final version and BUY it.

    John Holmes, Nov 5, 2006
  4. ashjas

    Pennywise Guest

    What I have kept from changing files names to dates, follow the links.

    @echo off&SETLOCAL

    :: This will return date into environment vars
    :: Works on any NT/2K/XP machine independent of regional date
    settings
    :: 20 March 2002

    FOR /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/-. " %%G IN ('date /t') DO (call
    :s_fixdate %%G %%H %%I %%J)
    goto :s_print_the_date

    :s_fixdate
    if "%1:~0,1%" GTR "9" shift
    FOR /f "skip=1 tokens=2-4 delims=(-)" %%G IN ('echo.^|date') DO (
    set %%G=%1&set %%H=%2&set %%I=%3)
    goto :eof

    :s_print_the_date
    MD %mm%%dd%%yy%
    ENDLOCAL&SET mm=%mm%&SET dd=%dd%&SET yy=%yy%

    :: see also http://www.robvanderwoude.com/amb_datetime.html
    :: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/datetiment.html
    :: http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdfuncs/dandt/index.htm
    :: from http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html

    Pennywise, Nov 5, 2006
  5. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    Can u please be more specific.
    I cant understand ur reply.
    Thanks

    ashjas, Nov 6, 2006
  6. ashjas

    Pennywise Guest

    It's If you wish to write your own batch file as you mention'd.

    I had that text file sitting around, that I had used as a format to
    rename files to the days date. it's not what you want but close and
    the links provided should provide you with scripting you can use.

    Pennywise, Nov 6, 2006
  7. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    ????

    ashjas, Nov 8, 2006
  8. ashjas

    Fred Guest

    Try a Google search using keywords "batch edit exif"
    HTH

    Fred, Nov 8, 2006
  9. ashjas

    Pennywise Guest

    I was going to suggest you take this to
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    but I noticed they sent you to
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management

    Pennywise, Nov 8, 2006