How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attrib in batch mode

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ashjas, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    Hello,
    I am using windows vista rc1.
    I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
    "date taken" attribute of an image file..but was not able to find
    anyone of them really do the job.

    Attribute magicpro is closest match for this task but its in beta
    currently so the changes are not really reflected in windows(VISTA
    RC1).[In win xp the date taken attribute isnt available i think..but
    this is immaterial]..

    If there is a way to do this in vista inbuilt then please suggest how
    to do this...NOTE i know that I can do it individually...but I have
    hundereds of photos so i am looking for batch mode..

    And the info that is to be inserted is a variable..so for every
    file..the modified time attribute is to be read and inserted into the
    date taken attribute..and so the mmanual-select all and modify the
    attribute from windows for all the photos wont work..

    My cameraphone doesnt add this info in the date taken attribute
    defaultly..so I need to do this to let a better organisation of my
    photos..

    the renaming feature is fine(renaming the title including the modified
    timestamp,i have achieved this with the beta software,attribute magic
    pro)
    but i need this info to be inserted into the date taken
    attribute of my photos...

    In short I want this::assign,"date taken" attribute,the "modified
    time"attribute,
    in batch mode.

    Can anyone suggest a software that does this effectively..

    Thanks.

    ashjas, Nov 8, 2006

  2. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    ashjas, Nov 8, 2006

  3. I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
    I am sure there are many packages which do this. My own (free) photo
    manipulator application certainly does it. You can either open the image in
    PhotoMan and choose View Properties or, once you've clicked on PhotoMan's
    Tools menu and chosen Add Windows Menu Commands you can simply right click
    any jpeg in a Windows explorer menu and choose Camera Settings from the
    floating menu.

    You can download PhotoMan free of charge from my web site at
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~Keith.Sheppard/photoman/home.htm

    Regards
    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Nov 8, 2006
  4. ashjas

    ashjas Guest

    I have clearly written that i want to insert the modified time into
    date taken field of an image and that too in batch mode....
    Yr app doesnt do that..i have seen many of these that let one manually
    edit it..
    I f u had to do it,would u do all this manually---editing hundereds
    of photos??I dont think so...

    WASTE..

    ashjas, Nov 8, 2006
  5. ashjas

    l v Guest

    Stop typing like you are text messaging.

    for /R %F in (*.jpg) do perl -e "@a = localtime((stat('%F'))[9]); $mtime
    = sprintf qq(%04d:%02d:%02d-%02d:%02d:%02d), $a[5]+1900, $a[4]+1, $a[3],
    $a[2], $a[1], $a[0]; `jhead -ts$mtime \"%F\"` "

    l v, Nov 8, 2006