How to import Outlook Express PST file into Outlook

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Warwick, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Warwick

    Warwick Guest

    Hi,
    Is it possible to import OE pst and contacts into Outlook office?
    There is an import tool in Outlook tools, but it seems confined to files of
    type 'Outlook Data', and IIRC OE uses PST format. If anyone can advise om
    if this is possible, and if so how it might be done I would be very
    grateful. If I can import unix mbx format as well, I can put the pegasus
    data in there as well, and that would be even better.

    A further point- I wanted to review an old post and opened Outlook Express
    to look for it, since I had used it as a news client for a few months last
    year. Couple odd things happened, 1: it thought incorrectly that I had
    unsent usenet messages and looked like it was attempting to re send all
    archived news articles. (think I have seen the consequences of that here
    with floods of old posts appearing on this group).
    2: It does not recognize IM v6, so it reopened IMv5 and placed it into my
    start up routine.

    I did not want either of those things to happen, so I would like to
    retrieve the archives and remove the application.

    cheers
    Warwick

    Warwick, Feb 16, 2004

  2. nope.. it doesnt use PST... DBX
    DBX files sorry.
    ummm, File, Import, Import Internet Mail and Address's, Choose Outlook
    Express, Follow your nose.

    The other problem, no idea, no time to read it sorry(at work).

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Warwick

    Warwick Guest

    Hey thanks thats exactly what I wanted. Silly me, did not realize there
    were two seperate imort tools in Outlook, and having discounted the one in
    Tools menu as no good for my purpose, stopped looking for another one.

    cheers
    Warwick

    Warwick, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Warwick

    Dave Taylor Guest

    If you don't want to go back into OE and Export to CSV windows, then import
    Other-csv windows take a look at Dawn Classic.
    http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/

    I am sure this will do all you need.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Warwick

    Mainlander Guest

    No it doesn't. Only Outlook usese PST files. Outlook Express uses the
    Windows Address book and message dbx files.

    Mainlander, Feb 16, 2004