How to identify, when caller press keys

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by waruna, Mar 23, 2009.

1. waruna

waruna

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a project that I am completely lost on and I need some education and guidance. I have to write a application to detected keys pressed by caller. As example when caller calls, system ask from the caller to press 1, 2, 3 then when he/she pressed that number, system has to perform some task according to the choice. I have know clue about how to do this.

...anyone got any hints, ideas, educational links or tips?

Thanks a lot!

Waruna

waruna, Mar 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. waruna

technoplume

I'm not really sure how you want to do this. But I have a few ideas. Since key have different tone, you would need to identify the different tone. And program the case table according to the tone. You could do this whit a voice recognizing program or something like this. Or have your program make a sample and analyses the frequency of the tone. And then give a value for your case table.

Second, the key probably send some kind of signal, that could be interpreted like when you press a PC keyboard. This one is simple if you can get the HEX value of each key. And them make the case table for your program using those value.

technoplume, Sep 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question