    Using AsRock P4S61 mainboard.

    tia
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Toolman Tim Guest

    It's probably not just the mobo USB drivers. Win98 doesn't natively support
    USB drives. You should have received a driver setup disk with the drive that
    needs to be installed. (Maybe you did that...but it's the first thing that
    comes to my over-taxed brain this late in the afternoon <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Mike S. Guest

    Win98/SE do not have native support for USB mass storage devices; ME, 2000,
    and XP do. You need to install drivers for the interface chipset inside
    the external HD case; usually these are packed in with the drive or
    available for download from the manufacturer's web site.

    Mike S., Mar 10, 2005
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    It looks like AsRock haven't figured out how to enable USB2 for
    WIN98SE for this mainboard. On closer inspection, I notice their USB2
    patch for WIN98 actualy disables USB2 (creates NoUSB2.exe in
    C:\WINDOWS and runs it in AUTOEXEC.BAT). Not impressed...

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Mar 10, 2005