    slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
    Internet, but it was really complicated. So, does anyone have a
    better idea? Thanks.

    Scribner, Apr 1, 2009

    sandy58, Apr 1, 2009

    sandy58, Apr 1, 2009

    sandy58, Apr 1, 2009

    BUT......
    Ukraine State TV in Revolt.....

    sandy58, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Scribner

    *Less* Guest

    BUT......
    Ukraine State TV in Revolt.....

    2004 Article by now should be over,

    Published on Friday, November 26, 2004 by the BBC
    Ukraine State TV in Revolt
    by Sebastian Usher

    *Less*, Apr 1, 2009
  7. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    No, I think that it is still revolting.

    Scribner, Apr 1, 2009
  8. Scribner

    Evan Platt Guest

    Wow.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  9. Scribner

    Top Guest

    I guess you've never heard of satellite. Having been overseas and
    actually had some experience with the subject it can be done. One
    option is a satellite reception of UK programming. There is a lot of US
    programing to be had from the UK.

    Top

    Top, Apr 2, 2009
  10. Scribner

    nut Guest

    http://hurwi.net/blog/?p=28

    BBC recently released their iPlayer which allows you to watch many of the
    BBC shows on the web. Unfortunately for us, BBC does not allow users outside
    the UK to watch these shows. Luckily there's a way around this. There are
    many sites recommending different software to use, but having tried many
    ways, this is the one I've found that works using Windows and Firefox:
    (note, you can also use instructions below to watch other content blocked
    from viewing within the US, or even to watch content only allowed in the US
    when you are abroad)

    Step 1: Download and install the latest stable release of Tor using the
    default options. You can uncheck Privoxy in the install if you like. We will
    be using another proxy tool. (Tor is a tool that allows you to browse the
    web anonymously by routing your requests through various servers/proxies)

    Step 2: We now need to ensure that the last server your request is routed
    through is a server in the UK. Go to https://torstat.xenobite.eu/. Click on
    the pulldown next to "CC:" and select "GB" and hit "search". Now click on
    the ">" under "Exit". You now have a list of servers in the UK that are
    allowed to be used as Exit Servers. Take note of all the nicknames of the
    servers except those marked Unnamed.

    Step 3: Go to Start Menu and open All Programs -> Vidalia Bundle -> Tor ->
    torcc. This will open the Tor config file. Scroll all the way to the bottom
    and enter the following lines:
    StrictExitNodes 1
    exitnodes <list of the names you found in step 2 separated by commas>
    An example of the second line above would be:
    exitnodes anonion,anotherlink,colinwillsdorkyahoo
    Save the file and exit notepad.

    Step 4: Run Vidalia. After a few seconds, it should say "Connected to the
    Tor Network".

    Step 5: Install the Foxy Proxy addon for Firefox.

    Step 6: When you install Foxy Proxy, it'll ask you if you want to add a Tor
    proxy to it's settings. You'll want to set up the Tor Proxy to have the
    following 2 patterns: BBC iPlayer pattern - http://*bbc.co.uk/* and Tor
    Check pattern - http://torcheck.xenobite.eu/*

    Step 7: Check that you're exiting through a UK server by going to
    http://torcheck.xenobite.eu/index.php

    There you go - now, when you have Vidalia and Foxy Proxy running, whenever
    you go to the iPlayer site, you'll be able to watch videos. Note, that you'll
    probably have to repeat step 2 and step 3 intermittently, as the same UK
    servers don't always exist.

    nut, Apr 2, 2009
  11. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    This is very useful. Thanks.

    Scribner, Apr 2, 2009
  12. Scribner

    nut Guest

    Indeed there is - there's also ipods, dvds and guitar hero - but that's not
    what the OP asked.

    nut, Apr 3, 2009

  13. Or, install OperaTor and follow these steps:

    1. Install OperaTor
    2. The End

    http://archetwist.com/opera/operator

    Much as with web standards, speed, and built in functionality without
    the use of 20 or 30 plugins being required, Opera always just makes it
    easier.

    http://www.opera.com/browser/

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Apr 14, 2009
  14. Scribner

    foxsimon

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How to get US TV in Europe

    These guys provide a full live US cable TV service subscription available online anywhere outside the US. It's also totally legal and the picture quality is great!

    watchustvoverseas.com

    foxsimon, Jul 21, 2010
  15. Scribner

    priv8

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    US TV in Europe - A2btv.eu

    The only way to do it legally and with decent quality seems to be A2btv.eu

    US TV Subscription, hosted slingbox that you can access on PC, connect to you TV. There are also apps for mobile/iphone to watch and control on the move

    priv8, Sep 2, 2010
  16. Scribner

    priv8

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    www.mytv2me.com - US TV online

    I think the best way to watch US TV in europe or anywhere is:

    mytv2me.com - US TV online

    priv8, Sep 13, 2010
  17. Scribner

    starwarsfan15

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    US TV in Europe, Europe TV in US

    Just curious what are you guys trying to watch?

    starwarsfan15, Dec 2, 2010
  18. Scribner

    ustvnow

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    USTVNOW

    USTVNOW http://www.ustvnow.com offers free online access to ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, and PBS to all US citizens and residents anywhere around the world. DVR and additional channels are also available to paying users.

    ustvnow, Apr 13, 2011