    something to do with this but its still coming back now and again.

    Thanks in advance.

    Emma

    Fon, Feb 23, 2007

  2. Fon

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Spyerase version 10, it's fast and free. It now has over 1700 signatures
    to remove All variants of Virusburst, Spy sheriff and Antivermins. New
    Feature, Spyerase
    will now update your hosts file. This tool is designed to Specifically
    remove all variants.
    Scan time is about 2 minutes. Designed for Windows 2000/XP only. Password is
    still required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then download
    Spyerase from here http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spyerasesetup.zip

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    Feedback is very important to the development of Spyerase.
    Let me know how it works. Send feedback here
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    pcbutts1, Feb 23, 2007

  3. Fon

    Fon Guest

    By the way, i dont have service pack 2, maybe i need it for this? I've got
    rid of this nonsense in the past without additional software, dont trust the
    anything i never heard of cos i been on the net for many years now and never
    heard of that before, never had this problem before on xp but i did do
    something without addional software to get this crap of the pc.

    Fon, Feb 23, 2007
  4. Fon

    Tester Guest

    This isn't msn messenger or the Windows messenger for that matter.

    This is the messenger service in Windows.

    It is very good if you are at work and the person in charge of the
    computers wants to tell everyone that the network is going down for
    maintenance in 15 minutes and you should finish network work.

    Oh, you are at home and don't have any need for such bovine excrement?

    Start button, run, services.msc

    Scroll to Messenger.Stop the service. Now, stop it permanently.

    Right click on the gears next to the word "Messenger" and choose
    properties. On startup, choose "disabled" and hit OK.

    By the way, do you have Windows XP Service Pack 2? I know that if you
    get a new XPSP2 installation it is disabled by default and you have to
    turn it on if you want it.

    Tester, Feb 23, 2007
  5. Fon

    Wizard Guest

    Wizard, Feb 23, 2007
  6. Fon

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You need SP2, not for Spyerase to work but for your system to be better
    protected.

    pcbutts1, Feb 23, 2007