how to get new newsgroups using Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Larry Smith, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Larry Smith

    Larry Smith Guest

    Hi,
    I usually use Free Agent as my newsreader.
    In it there's an option to "get new groups" which will add to the
    existing groups available on my server.

    Occ'ly I use OE 5 and can't seem to find how to do the same thing.
    Is there somewhere in the program the option to add new newsgoups?

    TIA

    Larry Smith

    "I only wear my glasses for two things:
    To drive my car and to find it."
    Woody Allen

    Larry Smith, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Larry Smith

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Larry Smith said:
    Yes, Tools | Newsgroups.
    <sigh>

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003

  3. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| Hi,
    ||| I usually use Free Agent as my newsreader.
    ||| In it there's an option to "get new groups" which will add to the
    ||| existing groups available on my server.
    ||| Occ'ly I use OE 5 and can't seem to find how to do the same thing.
    ||| Is there somewhere in the program the option to add new newsgoups?
    ||| TIA
    || Yes, Tools | Newsgroups.
    || <sigh>

    There you go again, making yourself feel superior.
    <sigh>

    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Larry Smith

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    not what he asked! He wanted to know how to get NEW groups added to the news server.
    See my reply.
    CJ

    CJ, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Brain acting superior? *CHORTLE*

    <sigh> ;o)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003