    to be able to talk and swap files with each other?
    _____
    Slack

    Slack, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Slack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Slack spewed forth:
    Run the home network setup wizard.

    Open "My computer", click on My Network Places (on the left), click Set up a
    home or small office network. Answer the questions. Run it on the other
    computer next.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Slack

    Slack Guest

    Shoot, I was good to go till I ran it on the laptop. Somehow it
    disconnected the PC from the Network and now I can't even get on-line (web
    or the routher). Any ideas?
    _____
    Slack

    Slack, Apr 14, 2006
  4. Slack

    M Guest

    Slack,

    This what you need to do:
    - disable all (windows) firewalls;
    - create on the laptop a shared folder named "sharedfolder" and share this
    folder (right click the folder and select share (or someting like this
    name);
    - create on laptop and computer accouts with same name and password or
    enable the gast account
    - try to ping the laptop from the computer (example "ping 10.10.10.1") . You
    should get a answer;
    - try to connect a shared folder on the laptop by using
    \\10.10.10.1\sharedfolder (10.10.10.1 should be the ip-address of the
    laptop) ;
    - if this works then try to connect \\<name laptop>\shardefolder (you have
    to set the workgroupname on the laptop and the computer with the same
    name!!).

    Good luck!

    Marthijn

    M, Apr 14, 2006