How to FTP configuration off of an access server?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matt, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I'm having issues getting a config file off of an as5300 access server
    via FTP.

    I've tried:
    copy run ftp://matth:p

    as well as

    copy run ftp://matth:p/home/matth/filename

    nothing seems to work I always get.

    Writing as5300-2 (that's the name of the unit)
    Error writing file as5300-2 (Undefined Error)

    any help?

    Matt, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Try "debug ip ftp" Some FTP servers are unhappy with how IOS proceeds
    through the session.

    Phillip Remaker, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Well that was useful.. LOL

    as5300-2#term mon
    as5300-2#debug ip ftp
    FTP transactions debugging is on
    as5300-2#copy run ftp://matth:
    Address or name of remote host [myhost.com]?
    Destination filename [as5300-2-confg]?
    Writing as5300-2-confg
    %Error writing ftp://matth:/as5300-2-confg
    (Undefined error)

    Matt, Oct 13, 2004