    then when forwarding the attachments forward as empty boxes. I know I
    can properly forward the attachments by "forward as attachment" but then
    the multiple headers are still there. Help please!

    Jim Bell, Dec 12, 2005

  2. You are then forwarding inline. Are you composing in plain text, or html?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Jim Bell

    Jim Bell Guest

    Thanks Lee. I'm really not composing, however I believe my settings are
    HTML>........????I'm simply forwarding various entertaining emails to
    friends.

    Jim Bell, Dec 12, 2005
  4. I don't think it matters. I just tried in both plain text and in html.
    Inline forwarding allows you to strip the headers. Forwarding as an
    attachment forwards the entire email attachment and all the headers go
    with it.

    For your purpose here, I suggest that you forward inline. If you are
    set by default to forward as attachment, you can use Message>>Forward
    as,, and choose inline.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Jim Bell

    Jim Bell Guest

    Thanks Lee. My problem is forwarding the attachments, usually JPG's. If
    I strip the headers then forward the jpg's are not visible. Just an
    empty box with the usual red mark in the corner. !!????????

    Jim

    Jim Bell, Dec 12, 2005
  6. Sorry, I thought you were referring to text based humor posts.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2005
  7. Jim Bell

    Jim Bell Guest

    I appreciate your help. If you think of a solution let me know.

    Jim

    Jim Bell, Dec 13, 2005
  8. Jim Bell

    gwtc Guest

    Let me take a wild shot here. I'm guessing that you're trying to
    forward a message that was created in either outlook or outlook
    express. Am I correct on this? If so, then its a problem with the
    way those programs send messages and I know of no way around it.

    gwtc, Dec 13, 2005
  9. Jim Bell

    Stubby Guest

    There is a useful program, EmailStripper, available on the web. It
    works well for me.

    Stubby, Dec 13, 2005
  10. Jim Bell

    Jim Bell Guest

    Thanks...I may have to return to OE...

    Jim Bell, Dec 13, 2005
  11. If you're trying to send a jpg, try saving it to your hard drive, then
    attach it to a new message, instead of forwarding it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2005