    Is there any way to force it to index? It doesn't seem keen to begin
    reindexing, perhaps because I have P2P, and antivirus programs
    constantly running?

    CM, Feb 8, 2005

  2. CM

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    From Google Web Site "About Google Desktop Search"
    10. How come Google Desktop Search doesn't search all my communications and
    files?

    Google Desktop Search is still under development as a beta product. We
    intend to add new file, email, and chat formats and browsers as Google
    Desktop Search evolves, and when new formats are created and used. If
    there's a format you'd like Google Desktop Search to be able to search,
    please let us know. We can't guarantee that we'll add every type that's
    suggested, but your suggestions will let us know what formats are important
    to you.

    http://desktop.google.com/about.html#newtypes HTH's

    owldo @ PAX, Feb 8, 2005

  3. CM

    CM Guest

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:44:14 -0500, "owldo @ PAX"

    Um , thanks but how does that answer my question apart from saying its
    beta?
    These aren't the problem at all?

    Surely the status reporting:

    Emails:12
    Chat:0
    Web history: 153
    Files: 235

    Is too low with respect to the number of files? Have I misunderstood
    what GDS does?

    CM, Feb 8, 2005