    the second hard drive jumpers to the slave setting also?

    If I am totally wrong can someone please advise the correct procedure.
    Alan

    Alan, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Alan

    JIM Guest

    I have also wanted to know how to do this; however, I want to be able to
    connect up an old HD (W95-98) and access those old files that were not saved
    to some media before my son dismantled the whole rig. Being a complete (if
    the mouse clik works I can work) computer illiterate, I'd need at least step
    by step cliks;) Currently running windows ME.

    Jim

    JIM, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Alan

    Night_Seer Guest

    That is exactly what you have to do...don't forget the power connector
    too ;) Good luck.

    Night_Seer, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Alan

    Hank Guest

    but some can be set as Single using no jumper at all, or you could just
    simply set both as Cable Select.

    Hank

    Hank, Nov 5, 2003
  5. Alan

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Yes, jumper the drive as a slave, attach it to the connector marked slave,
    and make sure the first drive is jumpered as "Master"

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 5, 2003