how to find someone whose pictures I have....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by William Jackson, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. this is a long shot, but....

    I'm at Kodak in case you didn't know.

    I've been going through some returned stuff and found that in one of the
    Kodak Smart Picture frames (digital picture frame) someone returned it with
    a flash card in it.

    The flash card has a large number of pictures on it taken with a Nikon
    camera for what appears to be two vacations by a couple. One in Europe, one
    in Asia.

    I HOPE that they made backup copies of the pictures, thus the only loss is
    the (now cheap)CF card. But if these are the only copies of those pictures
    I'm sure that they'd really like to have them back.

    I'd love to somehow get these back to their owners, I just can't even begin
    to know how. (I don't even know what retailer the returned frame came from
    or when, let alone the customer name)

    here's a link to one of the pictures with both people in it.

    http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=96qsi.cr7pow0v&x=0&y=ljql6o

    thoughts?

    William Jackson, Jul 16, 2004

  2. William Jackson

    Alan Terry Guest

    Just wait for the complaint to come in?

    Alan Terry, Jul 16, 2004

  3. William Jackson

    Frank ess Guest

    The man looks like Les Nessman, and the woman like Barney Rubble's
    neighbor.

    Seriously, maybe this points up a need for Ofoto to make up an online
    procedure for people whose photos don't get delivered to them. If what
    you mean by "Returns" means what I think it means.

    okfine..

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jul 16, 2004
  4. what I meant by returns is a piece of hardware that got returned through a
    retailer for whatever reason (this was a digital picture frame that works
    perfectly well)

    The returned hardware had this CF card in it with lots o pictures

    William Jackson, Jul 16, 2004
  5. William Jackson

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Simple then. Return card to dealer with a note. He will likely know
    who to call to get his/her card back.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 16, 2004
  6. William Jackson

    Frank ess Guest

    Aha!

    Looks as if the dealer would have some info, either as part of the
    return process, or from some frantic customer waking up... If neither,
    it looks like one for the lost and found perpetual bin of sorrows.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jul 16, 2004
  7. William Jackson

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It does seem like an inquiry would work its way though the dealer to
    Kodak, eventually.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 16, 2004
  8. William Jackson

    Sabineellen Guest

    Don't return it to anyone other than owners, they'll bin it. I'd say keep it,
    and let others know that you have it, till owners claim it.

    Either that, or if you have to return it, keep a copy of it on a CD. It does
    seem such pictures have a sentimental value and it would be a shame if it's
    lost.

    If the reader doesn't have any info, start a chain email, don't include the
    picture in the email but just link to it on the ophoto site, word it nicely
    asking people to pass it on, and you'll be amazed how soon it could reach its
    target.

    P.S. I really think it's likely; it's been seeming lately like I'm almost
    connected to all sorts of people through friendster.

    Sabineellen, Jul 17, 2004
  9. William Jackson

    Big Bill Guest

    "I'd love to somehow get these back to their owners, I just can't even
    begin to know how. (I don't even know what retailer the returned
    frame came from or when, let alone the customer name)"
    OP

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jul 17, 2004