How to enable WPA2 support on a Microsoft MN-720 (unsupported)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Folks, I've posted information in my blog on a method to enable WPA2
    support on the Microsoft MN-720 pc card.

    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

    This is totally unsupported and if your computer explodes or
    disintegrates, I'm not responsible.

    As Microsoft as discontinued these products, this may help you get
    more life out of them. The MN-700 will not ever be able to be upgraded
    to WPA2 so you'll need to buy a different router.

    Again, this is unsupported and if you like leaping off the bleeding
    edge, you may want to try this one out.
    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Jul 14, 2005

  2. The same method will most likely work with Linksys WPC54g Broadcom
    cards and other vendors original Broadcom chip based cards.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Barb Bowman MVP-Windows

    Christian Guest

    Any info on finding drivers for the Microsoft MN-710 USB?

    Christian, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Jul 15, 2005