    firewall logging is not configured. I do not want to use a syslog
    server

    Any ideas?

    mbanyon, May 26, 2008

  2. mbanyon

    News Reader Guest

    Login to the router via the CLI and issue the following command:

    hostname#sh logging

    The buffered logging output will be available to you.

    Why would you not want to use syslog?

    There a freeware syslog servers available, its simple to install and
    configure, and you can install it on your workstation. You don't need
    server hardware, its light weight. It's invaluable for monitoring and
    diagnosis.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

    News Reader, May 26, 2008